Great results should be celebrated!
Over the past five years, the popularity of fat transfer breast augmentation has risen remarkably, with 37% more procedures performed in 2019 than in 2015. In the same period, plastic surgeons performed 10% fewer breast implant surgeries, and implant removal procedures increased by 80%
Patients appreciate these benefits of fat transfer breast augmentation because they can:
- avoid silicone breast implant complications like “breast implant illness” and BIA-ALCL
- achieve larger breasts without the large scars that come with implants
- slim down areas like waist, hips, and flanks
- achieve breasts that look, move, and feel natural
- enjoy permanent results
- relax knowing fat transfer breast augmentation is a low-risk procedure
- avoid risk of encapsulations, implant ruptures, folds, creases or rotations, and nerve damage
With these benefits, it’s no wonder 88% of RealSelf reviewers rate fat transfer breast augmentation “Worth It,” the publication’s highest rank.
Researching Your Ideal Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Surgeon
Anyone interested in fat transfer breast augmentation should do a little more surgeon research than someone pursuing implants or liposuction. After all, fat grafting procedures are relative newcomers on the plastic surgery menu of services, and plastic surgeons are still training each other on them.
Liposuction, on the other hand, has been performed for the past 30 years. When patients go with an experienced liposuction expert, few complications result.
With Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation, Your Surgeon Should Have Artistic Flair
Because breast augmentation with implants relies on pre-formed implants that have been tested and perfected since the 1950s, plastic surgeons with technical / medical skills saw good results on a wide variety of patients. Their process involved making large openings, positioning implants correctly, and closing with the standard surgeon’s precision.
The fat transfer breast augmentation surgeon on the other hand, must not only know their science, but he or she should also have an eye for the sensuous curve and heft of the female breast.
Fat transfer breast augmentation involves harvesting fat from thighs, abdomen, hips, and flanks. The surgeon reintroduces the harvested fat to the breast. The resulting contours must be even and natural looking.
Many fat transfer breast augmentations look, feel, and move far more naturally than silicone or saline breast implants. Make this your reality when you take your time and choose a surgeon skilled and experienced in fat grafting breast augmentation. These questions will separate the inexperienced practitioners from those who’ve worked–and sculpted–their way to the top.
Critical Questions for the Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Specialist
Fat transfer breast augmentation is a significant investment that deserves careful consideration and research. Present these questions in a friendly, open manner to see if you are a match with the surgeon you’re considering.
- Are you board certified? Do you have residency or fellowship experience in fat transfer breast augmentation and fat grafting?Each country’s medical board creates the standards of care for their medical specialties and subspecialties. Only surgeons meeting these strict standards should perform your breast augmentation. Take an extra step by exploring whether your surgeon has been involved in a residency program with an active fat transfer/grafting program.
- What exactly do you do to achieve a natural, but robust shape and weight of the breast?It’s here that the surgeon you’re interviewing should pull out not only their before/after pictures, but also their sketches and videos. They will explain what techniques they use to achieve all kinds of volume and balance ratios.
- What vacuum pressure is best for fat removal?First, this question puts your surgeon on notice that you’ve done your research. Of course, the first step of fat transfer is liposuction. Liposuction involves carefully calibrated pump pressure and only the right sized tubes. These careful choices on the surgeon’s part ensure that fat cells survive intact. They must use equipment tailored to fat cell survival. Many studies have concluded that a low extraction pressure preserves the most viable fat cells. If the doctor you’re interviewing says that they can’t gauge the pressure, go back to your list of potential surgeons and ask them how they maximize fat cell viability.
- What cannula size do you use for liposuction?During liposuction, your surgeon uses a “cannula” inserted through an incision. This cannula is carefully designed to minimize damage to your blood vessels and nerves. It slips in between these critical structures, sucking up only the fat cells in the area. Ask your doctor the diameter of the cannula and the size of the holes punched in its shaft.A cannula with a 4 millimeter (4mm) diameter achieves the smoothest possible result in the liposuction area.
- Which equipment do you use to reinject the fat?Asking your plastic surgeon whether he uses the most sophisticated, modern equipment only reveals that you are a knowledgeable patient. The best plastic surgeons prioritize patient safety and comfort over even aesthetic outcomes. They frequently seek out the most revolutionary, premium surgical equipment to ensure patient safety and beautiful outcomes. As concierge practices, they can afford to upgrade their surgical tools frequently, particularly when next-generation technology promises incredible breakthroughs every year.In our post, Plastic Surgeons Breaking Barriers with the Newest Liposuction Equipment, we summarize the comments six premier plastic surgeons from around the world have made publicly (via YouTube, blogs and more) about the world-class quality and premium safety afforded by Moeller Medical’s Liposat® pro and Vibrasat® power surgical equipment.
- Do you have two references willing to talk to me about fat transfer breast augmentation performed here?Don’t feel uncomfortable asking for this information. People like to help others in their situation, particularly if they’re pleased with their results. When you speak to these references, express your appreciation and explain your concerns about the procedure. If you’re polite and express your gratitude, you’ll probably make their day! Which leads us to . . .
- Do patients often need touch-ups and revisions?Where several years ago, plastic surgeons explained that fat-grafting breast augmentation may require several repeat treatments to achieve patient and surgeon goals, today’s sophisticated equipment in the hands of a skilled surgeon achieves the best results with just one treatment. If the surgeon you’re interviewing tries to pass off two or even three fat-grafting treatments as normal, interview more surgeons.
The Intelligent Approach to Natural Looking and Feeling Breasts
These questions should center you when discussing your options with your doctor. Make sure to create a list of several surgeons so that you can evaluate the approach and specifics of each.
Any surgeon who becomes annoyed, flustered or frustrated with these detailed questions should get crossed from your list quickly. True medical artists love to talk about their work and appreciate an informed patient as their safety is the surgeon’s priority.
Advantages of A Plastic Surgeon Who Uses State-of-the-Art Equipment
Surgeons who insist on the highest quality aesthetic surgical equipment demonstrate their commitment to the best patient outcomes.